Sponsored and Co-Sponsored Events
PFLC is committed to providing opportunities for the Ludeman residents and their families to enjoy throughout the year. These are some of the ongoing events our Parents & Friends group has been involved with.
- Disc Jockey Dances – PFLC supplies a disc jockey for dances held in the Ludeman gymnasium and contributes to refreshments for the attending residents.
- Spring Gala and Fall FunFest – For the residents enjoyment, twice a year PFLC sponsors an outdoor event on the Ludeman campus for all the residents and their families. We bring in live music, clowns, horse-drawn hay rides, and serve popcorn, pop, and ice cream.Friends and family members are encouraged to volunteer, donate, and of course enjoy the day’s activities with their loved one. All residential homes are encouraged to attend and participate in the fun.
- Holiday Party – PFLC provides monetary support for residents to go out into the community and attend a fabulous winter Holiday Party at a nearby country club. Residents and staff dress up and are treated to a very special holiday meal and dancing.
- Holiday On-Grounds Party – PFLC provides monetary support for an on-grounds holiday party as well for the residents who are unable to attend the community country club outing.
Other Ways PFLC Enhances the Life of Ludeman Residents
Over the last 5 years, PFLC has provided for and supported the following:
- PFLC provided “start up funds” for Café 64, a modern, warm and friendly snack bar setting in Building 64 where family members can go with residents. Café 64 also provides work opportunities for some residents who serve food, clear tables and run the cash register.
- PFLC purchased 38 colorful steel picnic tables and barbeque grills to ensure that each residential home is able to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
- PFLC pays ongoing cable television fees so residents can come together to watch sporting events and other shows in the gymnasium.
- PFLC purchases uniforms for residents to participate in the Special Olympics games.
- PFLC purchased a Wii Game System and games for residents’ use in the gym nasium.
- PFLC contributes to bus rental and parking so residents can attend professional sports events in the Chicago area.
- PFLC sponsors a “House of the Month” recognition program that provides an opportunity for the staff to be recognized for excellence in providing services for the residential homes.
Our e-mail address is:
Our mailing address is:
Parents & Friends of the Ludeman Center
P.O. Box 754
Park Forest, IL 60466
The Parents and Friends of the Ludeman Center Organization is a 501c(3) Non-Profit Organization.
All donations are tax deductible.