Sponsored and Co-Sponsored Events
PFLC is committed to providing opportunities for the Ludeman residents and their families to enjoy throughout the year. These are some of the ongoing events our Parents & Friends group has been involved with.
Friends and family members are encouraged to volunteer, donate, and of course enjoy the day’s activities with their loved one. All residential homes are encouraged to attend and participate in the fun.
- Disc Jockey Dances – PFLC supplies a disc jockey for dances held in the Ludeman gymnasium and contributes to refreshments for the attending residents.
- Summer Gala and Fall FunFest – For the residents enjoyment, twice a year PFLC sponsors an outdoor event on the Ludeman campus for all the residents and their families. We bring in live music, Funny Little People, horse-drawn hay rides, Outdoor Games, and serve popcorn, pop, and ice cream.
- Spring Fling – PFLC provides monetary support for residents to go out into the community and attend a fabulous winter Holiday Party at a nearby country club. Residents and staff dress up and are treated to a very special holiday meal and dancing.
- Spring Fling On-Grounds – DJ Dance and Treats.
- Holiday On-Grounds Party – PFLC provides monetary support for an on-grounds holiday party as well for the residents who are unable to attend the community country club outing.
Other Ways PFLC Enhances the Life of Ludeman Residents
Over the last 5 years, PFLC has provided for and supported the following:
- The South Suburban Service League has been a generous donor for many years. Because of their generous donations, PFLC has been able to Co-Sponsor the Summer Gala and Fall Fun Fest for the Ludeman residents. Link: Suburban Service League
- Through a generous donation from the 100+ Women Who Care Southland, PFLC Co-Sponsored the purchase of a Glider Swing for the pavilion area on grounds. Link: 100+ Women Chicago Southland
- The Shekleton Family Co-Sponsored the 2019 Fall Fun Fest. The family pooled their funds together to make the event a success.
- PFLC purchased uniforms and shoes for the Ludeman Stingers Basketball Team.
- PFLC purchases uniforms for residents to participate in the Special Olympics games.
- PFLC provides DVD movies for viewing in the gym.
- Outdoor Games and Prizes, popcorn, pop, and ice cream for Ludeman Events.
- Entertainment for Ludeman Events – DJ Dances, Hay Rides, Little People, and Live Music.
- Halloween Trick or Treats and DJ Dance.
- Holiday Treats for each Home – Christmas Eve – cookies. New Years Eve – Pizza.
- PFLC contributes to bus rental and parking so residents can attend professional sports events and entertainment in the Chicago area.
Our e-mail address is:
Our mailing address is:
Parents & Friends of the Ludeman Center
P.O. Box 754
Park Forest, IL 60466
The Parents and Friends of the Ludeman Center Organization is a 501c(3) Non-Profit Organization.
All donations are tax deductible.